What personal information do I collect from the people that visit my blog(s), website or store?
When ordering or registering on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details to help you with your experience. Your credit card information may also be collected through Paypal services, should you make a purchase from the store. I do not store any credit or debit card details on any of my systems, just your Paypal Email Adress might be stored.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on my site.
How do I use your information?
Any of the information I collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience
(your information helps me to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve my website
(I continually strive to improve my website offerings based on the information and feedback I receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps me to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, I include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. The service I use for my email marketing is provided by Aweber.
How do I protect your information?
My website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible. I use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
I implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on my server.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. I may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on my behalf, such as Google Analytics.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on my website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
I do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old, however, the whole site and its content is totally save for children to use at any age.
How to access, correct your information and withdraw consent
You’re able to correct the information I hold about you as follows:
- If you’re a customer, you can use our contact form here to send in new details.
- You’re able to change your preferences relating to marketing communications from me and withdraw your consent at any time, by filling in our contact form here.
- You may make a request to access your Personally Identifiable Information that’s held by me and maintained in my database. To do this you need to send in your request via my contact form here.
- You may also have the right to request erasure of personal information I hold about you, request restriction of processing of such information, object to the processing of such information, request a copy of such information in a portable format.
NRW, Waltrop 45731
This policy was last reviewed/modified on November 19th 2019.